13 May The Importance Of Home Staging!
While many sellers shy away at the thought of staging their home before listing it, it could be one of the most important steps in selling the home. It is common for sellers to feel that de-cluttering and removing furniture will require too much work. The reality of the matter is that if they are moving, it will have to be done anyway.
A well staged home is aesthetically pleasing and therefore looks inviting, comfortable, and simple to buyers. The Association of Property Scene Designers stated that staged homes sell 43% quicker than unstaged homes. Here are a few simple staging tips to help sell the homes you are listing.
- Enhance curb appeal. We’ve all heard the saying; you never have a second chance to make a first impression. The outside of the home is the first thing potential buyers see. Make sure the shutters and front door are freshly painted and make sure the lawn is manicured and well kempt.
- Rid your home of clutter. Cast designer Lisa LaPorta of HGTV’s hit show “Designed to Sell” says, “the most important thing most people can do to improve their home is to clear out, clean up, and get rid of clutter.” The less clutter that is in the home, the more open and inviting the space will appear.
- Remove personal touches. Not only is it important to rid the home of clutter, it is equally as important to rid the home of personal belongings. Potential buyers want to be able to envision the home as their own which can be difficult to do if the home is covered in photos of the current owners.
- Repurpose spaces. Is there a room in the home that serves only to gather junk? Repurpose it into something that will add value and enjoyment to the home. Urge the homeowners to take that bonus room that’s serving as storage space and convert it into an exercise room, meditation space, art studio, or game room. This will not only intrigue buyers, but also give them an idea of what they can do with the space themselves.
- Brighten the room with natural light. If there are rooms in the home with heavy drapery, encourage homeowners to remove those window treatments and add in something light and airy. You’ll be amazed at the openness the natural light in the room will create!
- Give interior walls a fresh coat of paint! Painting is likely the easiest and cheapest way to give rooms a new look. Freshen up interior space by painting walls, the new paint will not only make the home feel cleaner, but also newer.
Purchasing a home is an exciting time! When your clients are ready to buy a home, Fairway of the Carolinas is here to make sure their purchase process goes as smoothly as possible!