Loans & Programs
VA Home Loans
Guaranteed home mortgage loans
We are proud to offer and specialize in VA home loans for Charlotte, as well as all of North and South Carolina!
VA-guaranteed home mortgage loans are made by Fairway Independent Mortgage of the Carolinas and guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to eligible veterans for the purchase or refinance of a home. The guaranty means that the lender is protected against loss if the veteran should fail to repay the loan. In most cases, no down payment is required* on a VA-guaranteed loan and there are no monthly mortgage insurance premiums on VA loans.
If you are active duty military and you have PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders to Fort Bragg or Pope Air Force Base in Fayetteville, North Carolina; Seymour Johnson in Goldsboro, North Carolina; or in South Carolina at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter or Fort Jackson in Columbia, here are five reasons to consider using your VA Home Loan Benefits to purchase a home in your area:
- Competitive Interest Rates
- 100% Financing-No Down Payment
- Flexible Credit Requirements: More lenient credit guidelines than Conventional loans
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance: Unlike Conventional and FHA loan products with monthly mortgage insurance premiums that could add to your monthly payment, there is NO monthly mortgage insurance with the VA loan
- VA Funding Fee Financing: The VA funding fee can be financed into the loan
- Low Closing Costs. On VA Loans, lender costs are lower and the seller can also pay closing costs for you if asked for in the offer.
*A down payment is required if the borrower does not have full VA entitlement or when the loan amount exceeds the VA county limits. VA loans subject to individual VA Entitlement amounts and eligibility, qualifying factors such as income and credit guidelines, and property limits. Fairway is not affiliated with any government agencies. These materials are not from VA, HUD or FHA, and were not approved by VA, HUD or FHA, or any other government agency.